Scrambled Egg Breakfast Casserole
Ingredients9 h 5 m servings 669
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute bacon crumbles and onion in hot butter until onion is tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are starting to set but are still moist, about 5 minutes.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into butter to form a thick paste. Add milk, Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is thick, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir seasoned stuffing mix and 1/4 cup melted butter together in a bowl.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir eggs and cheese sauce together in a bowl; pour into prepared baking dish and spread stuffing mixture over the top. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from baking dish.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until heated through and set, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute breakfast sausage or cubed ham for the bacon. You can substitute Lactaid® for the milk and omit the cheese to make is lactose-free. You can substitute cornbread stuffing mix for the seasoned stuffing mix. Substitute your favorite cheese for the Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 669 calories; 42 39.2 32.4 371 1869 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I halved this recipe to take to a work meeting today and decided to make it the day before then just heat up in the microwave at work before serving. I didn't let it sit overnight or for 8 hour...
I'm the sister of who posted the recipe. We've made"Christmas Casserole" since we were kids. Because it's a tiny bit time consuming to make, we only make it for Christmas, hence the original...
I followed the recipe just as is. My Son who never eats omelets ( said he doesn't like them) Ate Most of it and said that's the best tasting Casserole I use lots of Allrecipes ,Recipes and hav...