Ingredients50 m servings 961
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, milk, mustard, and pepper together in a large bowl; add macaroni and stir to coat. Pour macaroni mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, top with remaining Cheddar cheese and French-fried onions, and continue baking until the cheese on top is melted completely, about 5 minutes more.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 961 calories; 53 90.3 26.6 62 1347 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Enjoyed this. Mine came out more like a casserole though than strictly mac and cheese. I think that's because of the soup. I used cream of chicken just bc that's what I had. I also threw in ...
FINALLY! A go-to mac 'n cheese recipe that tastes like the decadent version served in restaurants! This was amazing and had the creamy texture that melts in your mouth. My only change was to ...
made it as the recipe called, but we kind of thought it needed a bit more cheese; and we used smoked cheddar cheese versus regular...but it is a keeper!
Hands down the tastiest, easiest mac and cheese recipe ... I made this for X-mas and everyone loved loved loved it. the fried onions are a special treat. lots of cheese and lots of sauce. I ...
a staple comfort food, easy to customize. add a small diced onion and a can of tuna. milk is optional. Chopped olives make a nice change. mix it all in baking dish, no need to dirty a bowl. if y...