Wilted Spinach Salad and Bacon Vinaigrette
Ingredients35 m servings 978 cals
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving about 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Heat reserved bacon drippings over medium heat; cook and stir onion in hot bacon drippings until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar and salt are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add bacon and onion and simmer over low heat until dressing is blended, 3 minutes.
- Mix spinach, mushrooms, and eggs together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over spinach mixture; toss to coat.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 978 calories; 71.5 g fat; 68.7 g carbohydrates; 21.8 g protein; 190 mg cholesterol; 2327 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very good! I halved the dressing portion and that was plenty for us. The only thing I would change next time is to use 1/2 the oil, as it was a bit too oily, so I had to scoop out some of it. Th...
I LOVE this recipe! My family was stuck in a rut with our regular rotation of vegetables, so I tried this salad as a side dish with roasted pork loin and it was a hit!! I do recommend halving ...
I did drop the amount of oil. This time around I believe I had too much sugar, not enough vinegar. I need to learn to measure! I see in the photo attached to the original recipe that dressing...