Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 208
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sprinkle cornmeal onto a baking sheet or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir buttermilk into flour mixture using a fork just until dough is blended; knead 5 times in the bowl. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead dough using floured hands 8 to 10 times; shape into a 6- to 8-inch loaf.
- Place loaf on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon flour over loaf. Cut a long 'x' over the top of the loaf using a serrated knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is golden, sounds hollow when top is tapped, and internal temperature is 190 degrees F (88 degrees C), 45 to 50 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 208 calories; 4.9 36.5 5.5 11 355 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I just used cooking spray because I didn’t have cornmeal, and I made my own buttermilk by adding vinegar to my low-fat milk. It turned out good. I made it for St. Patrick’s Day not expecting it ...