Ingredients45 m servings 269
- Cut cauliflower into 3 or 4 'steaks'. Remove the stem and leaves from each 'steak' using a sharp knife; reserve the florets that have fallen off while slicing steaks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook cauliflower 'steaks' in the hot oil until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add florets and water to skillet; cover and steam until cauliflower is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; saute onion until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until onion is lightly browned and mushrooms are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange cauliflower 'steaks' and florets on a baking sheet; top with onion-mushroom mixture and Havarti cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 20.5 14.3 11 36 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This was delicious! I have to admit that I changed it by using cheddar cheese, but the texture was also really wonderful. One thing I noticed was that I needed to use waaayyy more water than th...
I made the mistake of using a very large head. Medium size would work much better. Very tasty and easy too make. My husband went back for seconds and was glad we had more left over! I didn't h...
This is an excellent recipe. I used mozzarella and parmesan since thats what I had. I spiced it with Lowry's Seasoning Salt and Old Bay mixed in with the onion, mushroom and leftover florets. ...
It turned out very good. Mushrooms are one of my favorites. When I make it again I’m going to add walnuts and or pecans. That should add some protein to the dish and some crunch.
My family liked this. I followed exactly because I did not want to add calories,