Ricotta Gnocchi with Fresh Peas and Mushrooms
Ingredients2 h servings 277 cals
- Process ricotta, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a food processor until smooth. Add flour and blend until a smooth, semi-stiff batter forms. Transfer gnocchi batter to a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms in hot oil until soft and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer; stir in peas. Cook until peas are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Working in batches, drop spoonfuls of ricotta batter into boiling water. Bring water back to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove gnocchi to ice water to stop the cooking process, then drain and reserve. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine gnocchi and mushroom sauce in a saucepan and cook until heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 11.3 g fat; 27.3 g carbohydrates; 16.1 g protein; 116 mg cholesterol; 749 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I cheated and used store bought gnocchi. But other than that, I followed the recipe and my sauce was more of a soup. I added 1-2 tbsp of flour to thicken it up. It tasted nice and I would defini...
I tried really hard on this. I made the gnocchi exactly as the recipe says, but it didn't stay together at all when I boiled it. I added some heavy cream and cornstarch to thicken up the sauce....