Ingredients45 m servings 63 cals
- Spread cucumber slices in a thin layer on a large platter. Sprinkle salt generously over the cucumber. Let salt soak into cucumber slices for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer cucumber to a colander and rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly and transfer to a dry surface. Pat cucumbers dry with paper towel.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and dill together in a large bowl. Add cucumber slices and tomatoes; toss to coat.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may skip the step of salting the cucumber if in a hurry, but it does take the bitterness out of cucumbers.
- Use 1 cup grape tomatoes in place of the chopped tomato if you wish.
Per Serving: 63 calories; 4.7 g fat; 5.3 g carbohydrates; 0.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 6 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Spiral-cut the cucumbers and did not salt them, as we wanted to eat this right away. There are many dill-cuke recipes on this site, and although we enjoyed this, next time I would use less oliv...
Perfect side dish for a hot summer day. I skipped salting the cucumbers and doubled the dressing (personal preference), this recipe is spot on. Love it!
We have been keeping a fresh batch in the fridge.....replacing as the previous runs out! It does not last long around here! I did change the vinegar to apple cider vinegar & we add onions or ...