Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 113
Original recipe yields 56 servings (7 pints)
- Stir applesauce, brown sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, cinnamon, liquid smoke, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cloves together in a large pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 20 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Per Serving: 113 calories; 0.2 28.4 0.4 0 267 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1