made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 263 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. (Drain and discard grease.)
- Stir onion, curry powder, cumin, coriander seed, cloves, and caraway seeds into the beef. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until the onion softens, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the beef mixture. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Add light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans, and frozen mixed vegetables. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute beef with your favorite ground venison, venison sausage, or both. I used 1 lb ground moose and 1 lb moose sausage and it was awesome!
- Try it in a slow cooker. Brown the meat in frying pan and drain. Add all spices and onion; cook until meat is no longer pink. Transfer mixture to slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients. Ready in 4 to 6 hours.
- For more heat, add jalapenos to taste. Do not use red pepper; it just doesn't mix well with this recipe.
Per Serving: 263 calories; 9.9 g fat; 24.4 g carbohydrates; 19.8 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 721 mg sodium. Full nutrition