Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 419
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8-inch pans.
- Beat cake mix, water, egg whites, vegetable oil, and lemon extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is well combined, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream in a chilled bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks are almost forming into stiff peaks; place bowl in refrigerator.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Place 1 cake on a plate; top with blueberry pie filling. Place second cake atop blueberry filling. Generously frost cake with whipped cream cheese frosting.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 24.1 46.8 4.5 48 333 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Instead of using blueberry pie filling I added fresh blueberries and lemon zest to cake mix and made cupcakes. I also added lemon zest to the frosting. We loved them!
This cake was a big hit! I substituted applesauce for the vegetable oil. The lemon flavor was mild but not overpowering. This did not taste like a box mix at all. I had a lot of leftover blueb...
This cake was light and moist and lemony! The frosting was perfect! I think next time I make it I will double the amount of blueberry filling, as there was not enough blueberry flavor for my l...
Cake was a little dry, so I'd probably go with the previous commenter's suggestion of using applesauce vice vegetable oil.
This recipe is super easy. I added about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and lemon zest to the frosting and the same for the cake batter. Came out light and delicious.
The frosting is a basic cream cheese frosting. Perfect top to this fabulous summer dessert. Easy and delish!
I made this for my wife for Valentine's Day. It was super easy to make. For me, the "hardest" part was fancying up the cake with two rings of fresh blueberries for the wow factor. I've made m...