Chocolate Chip Honey Cookies
Ingredients30 m servings 141
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Beat shortening, honey, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl; stir into honey mixture until just incorporated and dough comes together. Fold chocolate chips and almonds into dough. Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges just begin to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute any nut for the almonds. You can substitute butter for the shortening.
- I have never counted how many cookies this makes; the first batch is usually gone before the second comes out of the oven (the batter always seems to disappear also)! I hope you enjoy. Also don't let them over-brown!
Per Serving: 141 calories; 8.1 16.9 1.9 8 79 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I swapped coconut oil for the butter and used 100% whole white wheat flour, but otherwise followed ingredients and instructions. The cookies turned out quite nicely with a somewhat cake-like tex...
This recipe makes a very light and soft texture cookie! Very good. I did add just a pinch more salt due to the extra sweetness of the honey. Great recipe!
Made with dark chocolate chips and local organic honey. Turned out scrumptious??