Ingredients45 m servings 331 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Stir oats, whole wheat flour, kamut flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom together in a bowl. Add apples and toss to coat.
- Beat buttermilk, canola oil, eggs, and honey together in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the center of oat mixture; pour buttermilk mixture into the well. Mix until batter is just moistened. Set aside to soften oats, about 5 minutes. Generously fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 12.3 g fat; 50.1 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 302 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I cut this recipe to 4 servings and got 8 muffins. I used bread flour in place of the kamut flour since that is supposed to be a good sub according to sources on the Internet, and I left out th...
I liked the overall healthy aspect of a baked good or muffin. The flavor is closer to a 3 or just okay. This muffin really lacked sweetness and I typically find most desserts and baked goods too...