Addictive and Healthy Granola
3 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe is addictive and very easy. It tastes like the top crunchy part of cobbler desserts. It would be good as a cereal with milk or to put in yogurt or topped on fruit that has been fried in a little butter and brown sugar. A dollop of homemade whipped cream wouldn't hurt the latter!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 251
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Whisk maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, rose water, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix oats, rice cereal, coconut, cashews, raisins, dried blueberries, pecans, almonds, dried cranberries, and brown sugar together in a separate bowl. Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir until evenly coated. Spread oat mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; stir and continue baking until slightly crisp and lightly browned, 15 to 25 more minutes. Cool on baking sheets before serving, about 1 hour. Store in air-tight containers.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Though the recipes is best with the specified ingredients, you can substitute other dried fruits and nuts if you don't have the others on-hand.
- The rosewater is an optional, but highly recommended ingredient. You can buy it at Whole Foods®. It is the edible kind.
- Puffed kamut can be substituted for puffed rice if desired. Dried cherries can be substituted for dried cranberries.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 7.7 43.7 3.7 < 1 130 Full nutrition