Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 475 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground beef to onion mixture; cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir salt, basil, oregano, rosemary, and ground black pepper into beef mixture.
- Whisk water and tomato paste together in a large bowl. Pour tomato paste mixture into beef mixture, bring to a simmer, and cook until sauce is slightly reduced and flavors blend, about 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Measure out 1 cup mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- Spread about 1/3 the sauce in the bottom of a 9 1/2x15-inch baking dish. Arrange lasagna noodles in a single layer over the sauce, top with 1/2 the ricotta cheese, and 1/2 the remaining mozzarella cheese. Spread 1/3 the sauce over the cheese, top with remaining lasagna noodles, 1/2 the ricotta cheese, and 1/2 mozzarella cheese. Spread last 1/3 the sauce over the top.
- Bake lasagna in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake until cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through and bubbling, about 15 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 475 calories; 20.1 g fat; 41.4 g carbohydrates; 33.7 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 1140 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This isn't a fancy lasagna, but with some changes it could be incredible. This is a basic beginner lasagna for those who want to graduate beyond bottled sauce. I made fresh lasagna sheets, and a...
This lasagna did not knock my socks off. Probably won't be making it again.
I have made this twice now. Both times I substituted 1lb spicy pork sausage in place of 1lb ground beef. The spicy sausage helps provide the kick that is missing from the sauce.