Creamy Delicata Squash Soup
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 218
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Put squash halves into a large baking dish with cut-sides down. Pour enough water into the dish so the bottom 1/8-inch of the squash is submerged. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Roast squash in preheated oven until the flesh is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook onion in butter, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape the delicata squash flesh from the skin; add to the saucepan along with vegetable broth and yogurt. Stir the mixture until the squash and yogurt smoothly mix into the liquid. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Pour mixture from saucepan into a blender no more than half-full. Cover and hold lid in place with a towel; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a serving tureen. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 5.3 37.1 9.1 12 343 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this tonight and my family could not eat it. The yogurt made it way too tangy. I would have been better off making the recipe that calls for heavy cream. I think it would have been really...
Thanks. I made this as written except I left the nutmeg out. Very good, great flavor.
Really tasty. My first time cooking with delicata.. was a bit difficult to find. If you don't care for nutmeg, leave it out.. tastes great with or without it. I liked this soup hot and cold