Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 283 cals
- Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
- Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Toss chicken with flour mixture to completely coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet. Saute chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker. Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender. Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 8.3 g fat; 26.6 g carbohydrates; 25.3 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 223 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used ground chicken instead of pieces of cut chicken and no mushrooms. It was good, but I don't like cheese on my soup, so I didn't add any. The salsa verde added a nice taste to the recipe.
This was pretty good. Liked the addition of mushrooms. Added half and half instead of evaporated milk. Preferred more spices than was called for.