Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 283
- Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
- Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Toss chicken with flour mixture to completely coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet. Saute chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker. Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender. Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 8.3 26.6 25.3 54 223 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used ground chicken instead of pieces of cut chicken and no mushrooms. It was good, but I don't like cheese on my soup, so I didn't add any. The salsa verde added a nice taste to the recipe.
This was just okay for us. It could use some more seasonings.
This was pretty good. Liked the addition of mushrooms. Added half and half instead of evaporated milk. Preferred more spices than was called for.