Nanny's Newfoundland Tea Biscuits
Ingredients30 m servings 149 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a bowl; stir in raisins. Whisk milk and eggs together in a bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, and salt together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat egg mixture into butter mixture; stir in flour mixture until dough is just mixed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll out about 1-inch thick. Cut dough with a biscuit cutter or juice glass; place biscuits onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 4.9 g fat; 23.2 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 142 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Good recipe. Sugar needs to be doubled. Brush with milk to get a golden brown top.
These are a lovely little biscuit and would be perfect along side a cup of tea. The raisins add just the right amount of sweetness. I served them warm with a little butter. I made only a port...
Loved them and they are delicious the next day as well. They don't dry out. The next time I will reduce the sugar by 1/2. I also like that there is no lard!! Nothing like great homebaked goods f...
The dough came out really wet so I had to knead in quite a bit of additional flour. I used a small glass but only got 14, so I need to find a smaller glass! Mine took 20 minutes, I'm sure beca...
Followed all directions They turned out perfect Just like my mother used to make us when we were young !
Very similar to my Nan's tea biscuits she's from Newfoundland as well. A tasty recipe that I will be making again!
This turned out delicious! It was really inconvinient to use 3 bowls though