Celery Herb Stuffing and Savory Chicken
Loretta's Recipe Journal
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 599 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together onion, celery, bread, pepper, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and celery salt in a large bowl; pour melted butter over bread mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavities of chicken; place chicken into a roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with savory; cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover; increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roast until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe can be increased for a larger chicken or turkey. Allow 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), covered, then 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), uncovered, until browned, about 15 minutes more.
- Place any extra stuffing into a greased ovenproof dish and bake, covered, until vegetables are translucent, about 45 minutes. If the casserole seems dry, moisten with a small amount of chicken stock or melted butter.
Per Serving: 599 calories; 40.1 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 39.7 g protein; 165 mg cholesterol; 755 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Rather then 1 1/2 hours this took a total time of just over 2 1/2 hours. I roasted, covered as directed for 1 hour 15 minutes and the internal temp of the stuffing was 115. I continued to let ...