Spicy Sweet Spot Prawn Marinade
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 438 cals
- Stir canola oil, mirin, pepper flakes, garlic, lemon zest, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Place prawns in a resealable plastic bag; pour in marinade. Press out excess air; seal the bag. Marinate prawns in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Thread prawns onto skewers; discard marinade.
- Grill prawns until opaque, about 3 minutes each side.
- Cook's Note:
- Prawns can easily be cooked in a cast iron pan on medium heat if you're not grilling that day.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 34.2 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 23.1 g protein; 164 mg cholesterol; 642 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a marvelous marinade that adds a little zip without overpowering the flavor of the shrimp. I substituted the mirin with white wine and a little sugar and it came out great. We loved it.