Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 649 cals
- Slice a small pocket into each chicken breast with a sharp knife. Layer cheese slices, avocado slices, and sliced jalapeno inside the chicken pockets. Pinch chicken breasts closed and secure with toothpicks or skewers; place chicken into a casserole dish.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, mesquite seasoning, and salt together in a bowl; drizzle half of the mixture over chicken breasts. Turn chicken breasts over and drizzle with remaining olive oil mixture; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken breasts on preheated grill and cook for 7 minutes; turn chicken over and brush with BBQ sauce on the cooked side. Continue grilling for about 5 minutes; turn chicken over and apply BBQ sauce to the second cooked side. Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 2 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Serve each chicken breast on a Kaiser roll.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 649 calories; 34.2 g fat; 50.1 g carbohydrates; 35.7 g protein; 90 mg cholesterol; 1897 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this recipe with small variations to ingredients. I used a packaged spicy mesquite marinade which I mixed according to directions but refrigerated overnight. I also substituted sweet baby...
Absolutely delicious!! We didn’t serve it on a bun. We loved it and will definitely make it again!
I made this the first time without the sandwich part and it was delicious like that too