Marvelous Mongolian Meatballs
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 181 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Whisk hoisin sauce, 4 cloves garlic, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, grated ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, hot sauce, white pepper, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Mix ground beef, ground lamb, cabbage, yellow onion, panko, carrot, ground ginger, green onion, 6 cloves chopped garlic, garlic salt, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the hoisin sauce mixture together in a separate bowl; shape into meatballs and arrange on a jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the middle, about 25 minutes. Shake pan to turn meatballs, switch oven to Broil, and cook under the broiler until browned, about 10 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer warm meatballs to slow cooker and pour hoisin sauce mixture over the meatballs.
- Cook on Low, stirring intermittently, for 2 to 4 hours.
Per Serving: 181 calories; 8.6 g fat; 15.6 g carbohydrates; 11.7 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 519 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used ground turkey and didn't add sugar, and it was still delicious. They are scrumptious even without the sauce. The serving suggestion in the photo would be perfect. I ran out of hoisin sau...
I was skeptical because the recipe didn't call for eggs and I was afraid the meatballs would fall apart, but they didn't.
Very tasty! Served with rice and garlic bok choy. Left out the cabbage and hot sauce. Didn't use lamb - used ground pork instead. I doubled the sauce the second time I made it because the first ...