Lamb Meatballs Over Tandoori Naan
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 771 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon mint, dried basil, and parsley together in a large bowl. Add ground lamb, egg, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix until evenly distributed. Form ground lamb into 1-inch balls and arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip meatballs and continue cooking until cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Remove meatballs from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour tomato sauce into a saucepan over low heat; add capers, fresh basil, 1/4 teaspoon mint, salt, and pepper. Cook sauce, stirring occasionally, until heated through and flavors have blended, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place naan bread on a baking sheet. Spoon tomato sauce and meatballs on the naan; cover with Muenster cheese slices.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 771 calories; 38 g fat; 61 g carbohydrates; 47.9 g protein; 187 mg cholesterol; 1885 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The meatballs are wonderful! I've made them several times now and tweaked the recipe a bit with more spices for flavor and mixing a pound each of veal, lamb and chorizo for a little more kick.