Pressure Cooker Cream of Tomato Soup
Ingredients30 m servings 96 cals
- Combine tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, and salt together in a pressure cooker. Cover and bring to medium pressure according to manufacturer's instructions for 3 minutes. Carefully choose quick-release to release pressure and remove lid.
- Stir baking soda into tomato mixture until no longer bubbling. Add milk, cream, salt, and pepper to tomato mixture. Blend soup with a hand-held blender. Heat soup over medium-low heat, stirring often, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use home-canned, frozen, or commercially canned tomatoes.
- Water can be used in place of chicken broth for a vegetarian option.
- You can use a regular blender if you don't have a hand-held. If using regular blender, cool soup before blending.
Per Serving: 96 calories; 6.6 g fat; 7.5 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 831 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had high hopes for this soup and was excited about the speed of using my pressure cooker. I made exactly as the recipe stated and both my husband and I thought the soup was overly milky and ...
OMG!!! I feel like the soup queen!!!! This recipe is well worth the effort! I can't say enough! Delicious! I added a few thyme sprigs and garlic, other than that followed the recipe exactly. Tha...