Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 178
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bison in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Arrange bell peppers, cut-side up, in a baking dish. Slice bottoms of peppers if needed so they stand upright.
- Mix rice, bison, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, all-purpose seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon rice-bison mixture into each bell pepper.
- Mix diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning together in a bowl; pour over stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with diced tomatoes mixture every 15 minutes, until peppers are tender, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 1.9 23.2 16.8 39 365 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made it with lean ground turkey because I couldn't find Bison. Was very good. I'm gonna sub either the tomatoes or the tomato sauce with some picante next time to give it a little kick.
I found bison meat at Trader Joes and needed a recipe, so this was a great find. I diced up onion and mushrooms and sauteed them, then added it to the bison filling. I also used a shredded chees...
Great recipe. I added another 8 ounces of tomato sauce and then fresh mozzarella slices on top of the peppers with 15 minutes cooking time left. Excellent.
It came out so awesome, the meat and rice and the spices were just right and the peppers were cooked with perfection not soft and not hard was just right, there was a crunch to the peppers and v...