Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 178
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bison in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Arrange bell peppers, cut-side up, in a baking dish. Slice bottoms of peppers if needed so they stand upright.
- Mix rice, bison, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, all-purpose seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon rice-bison mixture into each bell pepper.
- Mix diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning together in a bowl; pour over stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with diced tomatoes mixture every 15 minutes, until peppers are tender, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 1.9 23.2 16.8 39 365 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made it with lean ground turkey because I couldn't find Bison. Was very good. I'm gonna sub either the tomatoes or the tomato sauce with some picante next time to give it a little kick.
I found bison meat at Trader Joes and needed a recipe, so this was a great find. I diced up onion and mushrooms and sauteed them, then added it to the bison filling. I also used a shredded chees...
Great recipe. I added another 8 ounces of tomato sauce and then fresh mozzarella slices on top of the peppers with 15 minutes cooking time left. Excellent.