Ingredients6 h 15 m servings 289
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pork loin in hot skillet until browned completely, 1 to 2 minutes per side; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Season pork with caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Pour sauerkraut and tomatoes over the pork; top with onion slices.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Switch slow cooker to Low and continue cooking until the pork is cooked through, 5 to 6 hours more. The internal temperature of the roast should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- I prefer to cook this on top the stove so I can keep an eye on how done the meat is, but in a pinch the slow cooker works fine. I find the addition of a little apple cuts down on the smell some.
- Also, you can make dumplings (fluffy ones) or boiled potatoes to add to this; it is good with mashed potatoes, too.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 11.9 7.7 36.4 106 614 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Good recipe. Rather than corriander, I used italian spices. The flavor was very appealing. Holding on to this recipe for the future.
I have made this several times and we all love it. I do add extra sauerkraut as we really like sauerkraut. My mother in law makes something very similar . This is an oldie and a goodie.