Ingredients40 m servings 254 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 12 muffins cups or line with paper liners.
- Beat sugar and margarine together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; stir in eggs. Stir bananas into margarine mixture; stir in vanilla extract.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; stir into margarine mixture until just combined. Fold oranges and coconut into batter. Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Butter can be substituted for margarine and Splenda® can be substituted for sugar. Use half Splenda® and half sugar.
- If baking as bread, bake 30 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 254 calories; 9.4 g fat; 39.6 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 247 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Did it exact except used coconut flakes and less of them. Was delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
I followed the recipe, and added 1 cup of grated coconut, and 1/2 cup of yogurt. The muffins were delicious!
Update: I have made this several more times now, sometimes following the recipe exactly, sometime varying it. My kiddo doesn't like the chunks of mandarin, so I usually blend up the mandarins in...
This is a great recipe! The coconut adds sweetness and a great texture. Very easy to pull together in a pinch. Had everything in my pantry! Great for breakfast! And a easy clean up!
I just made these for an easy grab and go breakfast. I sub'd a few things for added nutrition: 1/2 cup spelt flour for reg flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar for white sugar and added 1 cup chopped waln...
Great recipe. Easy to make. Family and coworkers liked it. Wish the mandarins were more noticeable for flavour. Left some of the juice in to add moisture...we're just a bit in the drier side if ...
I followed the recipe exactly. They came out really good. Next time I might use a cup of coconut flakes instead of just 1/2. I also might try crushed pineapple instead of the mandarin oranges...