Portabella and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 242 cals
- Place 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme together in a small bowl or bottle; pour olive oil into bowl. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate until oil is infused, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease enough baking dishes to fit all of the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Stir ricotta cheese, feta cheese, eggs, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, garlic, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, cumin, and 1 tablespoon thyme together in a large bowl.
- Place chicken breasts on a flat work surface. Use a paring or boning knife to cut from one side of a chicken breast through the middle of the breast to within 1/2-inch of the other side, creating a deep pocket. Spoon mushroom and artichoke mixture into chicken until pocket is full; use toothpick to close and secure the pocket. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and filling. Place stuffed chicken in prepared baking dishes.
- Brush each chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon infused olive oil and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool slightly before serving, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 12.2 g fat; 3.2 g carbohydrates; 28.7 g protein; 104 mg cholesterol; 294 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe was good but there are definitely adjustments that need to be made. First, I changed the number of portions to 4 which I was able to stuff 3 chicken breasts. I used smaller whole chi...
I never leave a comment usually! This was a good base for something I thought turned out awesome! Hammered out the chicken.. didn't make the oil because I forgot too. Made 2 chicken breasts. ...