Portabella and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 242
- Place 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme together in a small bowl or bottle; pour olive oil into bowl. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate until oil is infused, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease enough baking dishes to fit all of the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Stir ricotta cheese, feta cheese, eggs, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, garlic, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, cumin, and 1 tablespoon thyme together in a large bowl.
- Place chicken breasts on a flat work surface. Use a paring or boning knife to cut from one side of a chicken breast through the middle of the breast to within 1/2-inch of the other side, creating a deep pocket. Spoon mushroom and artichoke mixture into chicken until pocket is full; use toothpick to close and secure the pocket. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and filling. Place stuffed chicken in prepared baking dishes.
- Brush each chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon infused olive oil and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool slightly before serving, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 12.2 3.2 28.7 104 294 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I forgot the parmesan cheese so MY dish was really only 3 stars. I am giving it 4 stars because I imagine the cheese would have helped considerably! Also only had artichokes in water, but it cal...
This recipe was good but there are definitely adjustments that need to be made. First, I changed the number of portions to 4 which I was able to stuff 3 chicken breasts. I used smaller whole chi...