Ingredients10 m servings 87 cals
- Blend mango, carrots, banana, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, mineral water, lemon juice, honey, or chia seeds in a blender until smooth. Add more water for a thinner consistency.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like your smoothie frozen or colder, you can add frozen banana or mango into your smoothie instead of room temperature fruit. Or you can chill it afterwards if you are patient.
- If you like a thicker smoothie you can also add almonds or cashew nuts. But then it becomes less drinkable, at least with a straw.
- You can use flax seeds in place of chia seeds if desired. Use maple syrup or stevia in place of honey if desired.
- If you have a smaller blender, start with the hardest vegetables and then add them one-by-one until you get your required smoothie-consistency.
- Be careful if you add chia seeds as they tend to form some jelly around them as they are put into water, so you might be able to eat your smoothie with a spoon if you add too many.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 0.6 g fat; 21.3 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 28 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was very interesting. It had a deep orange color and did have an orange like after taste. What I was surprised by, was all of the optional ingredients. I decided to use them all and in the ...
I made this as written, other than I used frozen mango and frozen banana. I had to add more water as well. My husband and I both thought it was ok, but the flavor of the pepper was overwhelmin...