Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 241
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place whole wheat bread flour, rye flour, cocoa powder, bread flour, wheat germ, caraway seeds, yeast, beer, coffee, vinegar, olive oil, honey, molasses, sea salt, and onion powder in a bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Set bread machine for kneading cycle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from bread machine and shape into a rustic loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Make slits on top of loaf in crisscross formation. Let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees F (202 degrees C).
- Whisk egg white and warm water together in a small bowl. Brush egg white mixture over top of loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool bread on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Stout beer can be used instead of porter if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 4.5 41.4 8.3 1 185 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe makes a beautiful looking loaf. The texture and flavour were bang on but I had a little trouble getting the dough to come together and had to add extra flour, I must have done someth...