Ingredients50 m servings 338 cals
- Strain or process quark cheese through a sieve or meat grinder to achieve a powdery consistency. Mix quark cheese, 2/3 cup flour, sugar, raisins, eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until batter is well mixed.
- Pour 1/4 cup flour into a small bowl.
- Roll batter, about 2 tablespoons per serving, into a ball and roll in flour until coated. Flatten each ball into a 2-inch patty, squaring off the edges.
- Heat about 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Fry patties, working in batches, in the hot oil until dark brown and a shell has formed, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Cook' Note:
- For some, the amount of white sugar and vanilla extract is not enough. If you have a serious sweet tooth, I would add double the vanilla extract and 2 more spoons of white sugar.
- Substitute tvorog or cottage cheese (drained and no added sugar) for the quark if desired.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 20.3 g fat; 22.6 g carbohydrates; 16.8 g protein; 87 mg cholesterol; 220 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a great breakfast treat for the family. I used cottage cheese and dried cranberries. I had trouble dredging the cakes in flour before putting them in the skillet, eventually I got the...
These are soooo good! Their texture is just perfect. Every time you buy them in the store it a hit or a miss. With these you never miss. Syrniki are the ones that used to traditionally be the we...