Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 493 cals
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir flour, salt, and pepper into melted butter until flour is dissolved. Slowly whisk milk into butter-flour mixture until a thick white sauce forms, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add spaghetti sauce and nutmeg to ground beef; cook until spaghetti sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread a layer of meat sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover meat sauce layer with a layer of lasagna noodles; top with 1/3 the white sauce, 1/2 the remaining meat sauce, 1/3 the Mexican cheese blend, and 1/3 the Parmesan cheese, respectively. Repeat 1 more layer of each ingredient; top with 1 more layer lasagna noodles, remaining white sauce, Mexican cheese blend, and Parmesan cheese. Pour water around the edges of the dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until cheeses are melted, about 10 more minutes. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 26.6 g fat; 37.2 g carbohydrates; 25.6 g protein; 85 mg cholesterol; 824 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I was glad to find a recipe without ricotta cheese. I did not find the recipe any easier to prepare than any other lasagna recipe, and it did take me a lot longer than 20 minutes. Also I couldn...
We really liked it. The white sauce was a bit difficult, I recommend you mix the flour, salt and pepper together before putting it in the butter and I did end up adding an additional tbsp of flo...
I liked this recipe. I added mushroom & onions cause my family loves them and used well drained hot sausage with lots of Italian seasonings. Since no ricotta, I put cream cheese on eat noodle...