Russian Deviled Eggs
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 57
- Place beet in a small saucepan with water to cover; bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Grate beet on medium holes of a grater. Place grated beet in a bowl; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and relish.
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; place egg yolks in a bowl. Mash egg yolks with a fork; stir beet mixture into egg yolks. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving platter. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; top with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- The prepared eggs may be made up to 2 hours in advance and kept refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap.
Per Serving: 57 calories; 4.3 1.4 3.3 94 81 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love the reddish purple color! The taste is wonderful! This was easy to make, so I'll be making these again!
i made it exactly the same. but i didn't use the beet because i don't like it. but, overall it's quite an interesting recipe to try and a very simple yet delicate one too.