Russian Deviled Eggs
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 57
- Place beet in a small saucepan with water to cover; bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Grate beet on medium holes of a grater. Place grated beet in a bowl; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and relish.
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; place egg yolks in a bowl. Mash egg yolks with a fork; stir beet mixture into egg yolks. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving platter. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; top with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- The prepared eggs may be made up to 2 hours in advance and kept refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap.
Per Serving: 57 calories; 4.3 1.4 3.3 94 81 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I love the reddish purple color! The taste is wonderful! This was easy to make, so I'll be making these again!
These look great, especially next to some sauteed beet greens. The colors look appealing to people who don't like the look of regular deviled eggs. When I make this again, I'll add a chopped dil...
i made it exactly the same. but i didn't use the beet because i don't like it. but, overall it's quite an interesting recipe to try and a very simple yet delicate one too.