Devilishly Different Green Deviled Eggs
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 70
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 deviled eggs)
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Stir together mashed avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate guacamole, tightly covered, for 1 hour.
- Drain pickled garlic cloves and minced pickled jalapeno on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; set yolks aside for another use. Clean away any remaining yolk from egg white halves with a wet paper towel. Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving platter.
- Spoon a generous amount of guacamole into each egg white half; top each deviled egg with a pickled garlic clove. Sprinkle minced pickled jalapeno, salt, and black pepper over deviled eggs.
- Cook's Notes:
- The guacamole and eggs can be made a day ahead. If making guacamole the day before, make sure you store in an air-tight container. You will likely have some guacamole left over; sometimes I double the ingredients to make sure I have plenty for guacamole and chips.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the values for whole eggs, although egg yolks are set aside for another use. Nutrition data also include the full amount of guacamole; the actual amount of guacamole consumed may vary.
Per Serving: 70 calories; 5 3.3 3.7 93 96 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm wondering where I went wrong! This didn't work for us. I followed the recipe---even setting aside the yolks (which could have helped in retrospect). The flavors didn't come together for m...