Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 96
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 deviled eggs)
- Place water, chiles, onion, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced and very thick, about 1 hour.
- Pour chile mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend until smooth. Stir cream into chipotle sauce; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Place bacon in a large skillet; cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels. Crumble half the bacon; reserve remaining bacon for garnish.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise; place egg yolks into a bowl. Mash egg yolks with a fork; stir in mayonnaise, crumbled bacon, and Cheddar cheese. Stir 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce into yolk mixture, or more to taste.
- Place egg whites cut-side up on a serving plate. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle remaining bacon over filling; drizzle with chipotle sauce.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the chipotle sauce ingredients. The actual amount of the sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 96 calories; 8.2 1.4 4.3 101 168 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1