Mom's Medallions of Beef
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 788 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook beef slices in butter until browned completely, about 5 minutes per side. Remove beef slices to a plate, reserving butter and drippings in the skillet.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in the butter mixture until onions are clear, 5 to 7 minutes. Push the vegetables to the edge of the skillet.
- Stir red wine and beef baste into the butter mixture in the skillet; cook and stir, adding more beef base as needed, until the sauce is thickened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange beef slices into the gravy. Top each beef slice with a slice of ham. Top the ham with Monterey Jack cheese. Put a lid on the skillet and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove medallions to a platter. Spoon sauce and vegetables over the medallions.
- Cook's Note:
- Meat will be pink on the inside. For well-done, cut tenderloin thinner.
Per Serving: 788 calories; 64.8 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 43.6 g protein; 208 mg cholesterol; 761 mg sodium. Full nutrition