Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 d 20 m servings 27
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 gallon)
- Mix cabbage and carrots in a large ceramic or glass jar at least 1 gallon in volume.
- Stir salt into spring water in a large bowl until dissolved; pour over cabbage mixture which should be completely submerged. Use an inverted small saucer to keep pressure on cabbage to keep it submerged in the liquid.
- Cover container with a clean kitchen towel. Poking holes through the cabbage mixture to the bottom of the container with the handle of a wooden spoon to help gas escape once a day, keep on counter at room temperature for 3 days.
- Pour a small amount of the liquid from the container into a small bowl; stir sugar into the liquid until dissolved. Return the liquid to the container.
- Cover container, again assuring the vegetables are submerged in liquid. Keep on counter for 2 days more, again poking holes into the mixture to help trapped gasses escape daily.
- Transfer vegetables and liquid to jars, seal, and refrigerate between uses.
Per Serving: 27 calories; 0.1 6.5 0.8 0 738 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1