Ingredients55 m servings 586 cals
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Boil chile peppers until soft, about 5 minutes. Run chiles under cold water to cool until cool enough to handle; remove and discard skins.
- Blend onion, chile peppers, cheese, vegetable oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. Stream evaporated milk into the blended mixture while continuing to blend until a creamy sauce is achieved.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf onto each of 8 plates. Halve potatoes and arrange 3 halves onto each lettuce leaf. Drizzle creamy sauce over the potatoes. Top each with an egg half and two black olive halves.
Per Serving: 586 calories; 37.3 g fat; 45.5 g carbohydrates; 19.9 g protein; 190 mg cholesterol; 927 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this for extra credit for my Peru project in social studies and it was very good. My dad accidentally added an entire thing of garlic instead of a clove though which gave it a kick. ever...
very tasty and easy to make. traditionally made using aji amarillo. you can find a jar of it in most hispanic markets. 2 serrano peppers make a great substitute.
Made this for a culture night at church and it was a hit. Hard to find aji peppers so I put in some poblanos.