Chocolate Chai Cupcakes
Ingredients40 m servings 305
- Put nonfat milk powder in a measuring cup; stir in enough black tea to make 1 cup. Stir until milk is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Sift spice mixture, flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together into a large bowl. Stir cooled tea mixture, oil, and egg into flour mixture until batter is just combined; fold in ginger. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cupcakes on wire racks.
- Cook's Note:
- The subtle flavors are better experienced without additional frosting. Enjoy one with a cup of chai!
- Use English breakfast or Darjeeling tea for the black tea.
Per Serving: 305 calories; 11.1 47.9 6.9 29 504 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These cupcakes received rave reviews from my brother's co-workers. I'm on a low glycemic diet, so I have not actually tasted them. They do smell fabulous. I have wanted to make them for the l...
Delicious! I made it with a not-too-dark chocolate frosting, as it is already intensely chocolatey.