Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 384
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and 2 eggs in a bowl until batter is smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Beat peanut butter, brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter together in another bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat 1 egg and vanilla into peanut butter mixture until fluffy. Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until just blended.
- Pour brownie batter in the prepared baking dish. Drop peanut butter mixture by small spoonfuls over the brownie batter.
- Bake brownies in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 30 minutes; cool.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted. Cook mixture until butter and marshmallow flavors are combined, about 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Spread 1/3 the marshmallow mixture over the cooled brownies. Stir crispy rice cereal into remaining 2/3 the marshmallow mixture; press in an even layer on top of the brownies. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes; cut into squares.
- Cook's Note:
- You can 'marble' the brownies by running a knife through the spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into the brownie batter.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 19.8 49.1 5.8 47 291 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Okay… this was an amazing recipe!! A few substitutions though. After making brownies, I topped with a thin marshmallow fondant layer, then I used a peanut butter Krispy treats recipe to do the t...
these were delicious- and made a little different with the Krispy layer. My family loved them! I think there are a couple of mistakes though in the ingredient list. In the ingredients for the b...
By mistake, I baked the brownies separately, then put the pan back in the oven after I added the peanut butter layer. I think that worked out better because it allowed the brownie layer to bake ...