Ingredients45 m servings 286
- Arrange egg roll wrappers, water, sauerkraut, corned beef, and Gruyere cheese in an assembly line in a work space large enough to easily accommodate everything without being crowded.
- Take one wrapper and place in front of you with one corner pointing at you. Dip fingers into water and use them to wet the side of the wrapper facing upwards.
- Place small, even amounts of sauerkraut, corned beef, and Gruyere cheese, respectively, onto the third of the wrapper nearest you. Fold the corner opposite you over the fillings and roll slightly to surround the filling with wrapper. Fold the sides to enclose the fillings completely, rolling to seal completely. Put completed rolls on a tray. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate rolls until oil is heated.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry chilled egg rolls in hot oil in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Cook's Note:
- Do not over-fill or they will come apart.
- Before putting them in the hot oil, examine for holes.
- Pinch where the holes are with wet fingers to seal.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 14.5 26.5 12.1 31 645 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Simple substitute for big Reuben sandwiches. Been making this with shredded Swiss for awhile. Assembly note: much easier to place ingredients on TOP third of wraps. Fold back towards you once, f...
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I dislike reviews that don't follow the recipe. That being said, I used pastrami & Swiss cheese. Very good. My son loved these. Next time I will add some carawa...
This is our go to receipt for all get togethers as everyone loves them. used swiss cheese and used two wraps - one placed 1" below the first can not say enough how good they are!
Very tasty. I put dijon mustard inside, and used swiss instead of gruyere. Then fried it in coconut oil.