Fruishi Spring Rolls
"These are a fun and healthy treats for breakfast, dessert, or a party appetizer. Easily adaptable to suit any taste and any season. Great for vegetarians. The prep and cooking times are approximate and account for blanching fruits and slicing. Next time I will try different fruits and preserve flavors, and maybe candied bananas instead of rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 267 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the peaches and cook uncovered until peel starts to come away, about 1 minute. Immediately immerse peaches in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Once the peaches are cold remove from ice water; peel and discard peach skins and cut peaches into wedges.
- Bring water, rice, cream of coconut, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover saucepan and cool rice completely.
- Gently rinse rice paper wrapper until cool water and lay on a flat work surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons cooked rice in a line slightly off-center on the wrapper. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of plum preserves over the rice. Spread a layer of strawberry slices atop the preserves, a layer of peaches atop the strawberries, a layer of orange sections atop the peaches, a layer of grapefruit atop the oranges, and fresh mint leaves atop the grapefruit. Fold opposing edges of the wrapper to overlap the filling. Roll 1 of the opposing edges around the filling into a burrito shape. Repeat with remaining wrappers, rice, and fruit. Cut rolls in half and serve with yogurt for dipping.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used red plum preserves and layered one citrus fruit with strawberry and peach slices. They were a huge hit with my family.
- Store these on a plate, not touching, covered with a damp paper towel and plastic wrap in the fridge. I wouldn't make these more than 4 hours ahead of serving.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 1.7 g fat; 60.7 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 61 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1