Ingredients45 m servings 300 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange eggs, cut-side down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk flour into the melted butter until dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir half-and-half into flour mixture until sauce is thickened and smooth, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard. Stir Gruyere cheese into sauce until melted and smooth.
- Pour sauce over eggs and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 300 calories; 23.9 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 14.5 g protein; 269 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made three small changes. My local Walmart did not have gruyere cheese so I substituted an equal amount of swiss. I also omitted the parmesan only because I did not have any on hand and I used...
Added some Worcestershire sauce to the sauce and sprinkled paprika on top. Served it over toast. Yum!
We enjoyed this, and for once, I even had Gruyere in the fridge. I served this over English muffins, and it just didn't make sense to cut the hard-boiled eggs in half, so I sliced them. The sa...
Made this the weekend after Easter, so had the bits & pieces leftovers from the ham...put about a cup finely chopped ham in the white sauce. I think you could cut the flour back by 1/2, does get...