Ingredients45 m servings 300 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange eggs, cut-side down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk flour into the melted butter until dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir half-and-half into flour mixture until sauce is thickened and smooth, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard. Stir Gruyere cheese into sauce until melted and smooth.
- Pour sauce over eggs and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 300 calories; 23.9 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 14.5 g protein; 269 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made three small changes. My local Walmart did not have gruyere cheese so I substituted an equal amount of swiss. I also omitted the parmesan only because I did not have any on hand and I used...
We enjoyed this, and for once, I even had Gruyere in the fridge. I served this over English muffins, and it just didn't make sense to cut the hard-boiled eggs in half, so I sliced them. The sa...
Added some Worcestershire sauce to the sauce and sprinkled paprika on top. Served it over toast. Yum!
Made this the weekend after Easter, so had the bits & pieces leftovers from the ham...put about a cup finely chopped ham in the white sauce. I think you could cut the flour back by 1/2, does get...