Quinoa, Couscous, and Farro Salad with Summer Vegetables
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 424 cals
- Bring 2 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bring 1 1/2 cup water and couscous to a boil in a separate saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until couscous is tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups water and farro to a boil in a separate saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until farro is tender and water has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Combine quinoa, couscous, farro, cucumber, red onion, orange bell pepper, and yellow squash together in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and salt together in a bowl. Pour dressing over grain-vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle feta cheese over salad. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Regular quinoa can be used of you can't find red quinoa. Red bell pepper can be used in place of orange bell pepper.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 20.9 g fat; 50.3 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 370 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made this just for myself, so i decided to half the recipe. I replaced the couscous with Barley, just because that's what i had on hand. My grocery store didn't have yellow squash so i used zu...
Sooo yum. I've made 3 batches of this for 3 different dinners over the past week and I'm still craving it. First couple of times made as is, but 3rd time had run out of farro so used whole gra...
INcredible recipe! Just had to double the dressing. Would definetely make again. Mother tested, kid approved.
Excellent mixture of textures. I did add more olive oil and lemon juice for flavor.
This is awesome! It does make a lot - perfect for main dish but if you're planning to serve as a side, it will stretch further.