Quinoa, Couscous, and Farro Salad with Summer Vegetables
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 424
- Bring 2 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bring 1 1/2 cup water and couscous to a boil in a separate saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until couscous is tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups water and farro to a boil in a separate saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until farro is tender and water has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Combine quinoa, couscous, farro, cucumber, red onion, orange bell pepper, and yellow squash together in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and salt together in a bowl. Pour dressing over grain-vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle feta cheese over salad. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Regular quinoa can be used of you can't find red quinoa. Red bell pepper can be used in place of orange bell pepper.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 20.9 50.3 11.6 19 370 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Sooo yum. I've made 3 batches of this for 3 different dinners over the past week and I'm still craving it. First couple of times made as is, but 3rd time had run out of farro so used whole gra...
I made this just for myself, so i decided to half the recipe. I replaced the couscous with Barley, just because that's what i had on hand. My grocery store didn't have yellow squash so i used zu...
INcredible recipe! Just had to double the dressing. Would definetely make again. Mother tested, kid approved.
Excellent mixture of textures. I did add more olive oil and lemon juice for flavor.
This is awesome! It does make a lot - perfect for main dish but if you're planning to serve as a side, it will stretch further.