Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 291
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Arrange peppers on a baking sheet.
- Broil peppers in the preheated oven until bubbling and skin becomes blackened, 5 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from oven and transfer peppers to a bowl of ice water; set aside for skin to loosen from peppers, about 10 minutes. Remove peppers from water and peel blackened skin from peppers and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place peppers and dates in a food processor; pulse until evenly combined.
- Mix pepper-date mixture, ground beef, goat cheese, 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, bread crumbs and egg together in a bowl or in a stand-mixer until evenly combined. Pour beef mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Spread 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Good article on how to roast peppers can be viewed on Allrecipes, just search for Roasting Peppers!
Per Serving: 291 calories; 15.1 19.4 20 87 306 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Followed the recipe to the letter with the exception of baking in an 8”x4” loaf pan (there’s not enough meat for a 9”x5”) and roasting the peppers on the grill instead of broiling in the oven. ...
VERY Delicious but too moist. Very soft, broke in half moving it in pan. I will adjust the moistness and make it agaon, however, as the flavor is great.