Ingredients45 m servings 117
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned but not yet crispy, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels.
- Line the walls of each muffin cup with a bacon strip.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a large bowl; ladle into muffin cups to about 3/4-full. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of each portion.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top and the egg doesn't jiggle, 20 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and use a butter knife or spoon to remove from muffin tin promptly so that they don't stick.
- Cook's Notes:
- For quicker prep time you can skip pre-cooking the bacon. However, I have found that it reduces the amount of grease in the bowl, not too mention potential for grease spillage while cooking.
- For fewer calories, use turkey bacon or reduced-fat varieties, reduced-fat cheeses, egg whites versus whole eggs.
- For more of a western feel, add diced tomatoes with chilies and onions.
- These freeze really well, so make a bunch and freeze them.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 8.8 0.5 8.8 139 292 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made these by method as written by cooking the bacon first. I used parmigiano reggiano due to not having cheddar available to me. Once out of the oven I served them on a "nest" of mashed pot...
This is a nice recipe but it needs some tweaks. I did not add any salt or pepper to the egg, it gets enough salt from the bacon and cheese! Added a little pepper and a dash of milk. Keep an eye ...
That’s my pic you stole from a few years back. I’ve made my own version with tea biscuits as shone. Post your own pic!!!!