Fabienne's 'Black-Eyed' Crab Cakes
"Black-eyed peas replace the traditional crackers or breadcrumbs in this recipe. The delicate flavor from the peas help bring out the crab's savory taste. There's no need to add lemon juice to these cakes: the zest ties the seasonings together. This is definitely a winning recipe: a must try!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 131
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Whisk lemon zest, mustard powder, seafood seasoning, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Add black-eyed peas to lemon zest mixture and smash with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir egg and mayonnaise into pea mixture; gently fold in crab meat and Parmesan cheese until combined.
- Form pea mixture into 5-ounce patties. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl and press patties into bread crumbs, coating both sides. Place patties on a plate and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Do not turn the crab cakes over until they are browned otherwise they will break. These crab cakes do not need any accompanying sauce. Their flavor is outstanding!
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 7.4 7.6 10.4 51 277 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1