Ingredients40 m servings 522 cals
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- For the kabobs, spread the zucchini, red bell pepper and onion chunks on a baking sheet, coat well with the cooking spray, and roast for 10 minutes, cool for 5 minutes.
- Thread 5 skewers alternating the roasted vegetables and sliced chicken sausage, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, coated with the olive oil spray, saute the chopped onion over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the brown rice, chicken broth and raisins, bring to a boil, and then cover, and reduce heat for 6 - 8 minutes, (check package instructions for best results, rice should be fork tender).
- Add the parsley, grated carrot, seasonings and cooked orzo, over low heat to heat through. Fold in the baby spinach and toasted almonds.
- Grill skewers for 3 to 5 minutes per side and serve immediately over rice pilaf.
- *Toast almonds in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 10.4 g fat; 85.3 g carbohydrates; 23.3 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 480 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is delicious!! Didn't try the rice dish but the Al Fresco sausage was awesome (and I substituted the onions for green peppers for the skewers.) The peppers in the sausage really brought the...
I just made the rice part and it was delicious. Beautiful! Homemade chicken broth is the key here. The chicken stock in a box just doesn’t cut it. It is beautiful, interesting and flavorful. I...