Jalapeno Apple Hot Wings
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h servings 444
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes in hot oil until vegetables are tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes; cool completely.
- Stir buttermilk and cooled jalapeno mixture together in a large glass or ceramic bowl; add chicken wings and stir to coat wings completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain chicken and discard buttermilk mixture.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toss chicken wings with olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Spread wings out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Cook chicken in the preheated oven, turning once, until almost cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Whisk apple juice concentrate, lemon juice, honey, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a large saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until mixture is reduced by half and syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- Brush 1/4 cup the apple juice sauce on the chicken wings. Return wings to oven and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Brush wings again with 1/4 cup apple juice sauce, turn wings, and brush wings with another 1/4 cup apple juice sauce. Broil until chicken wings are deep brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve with remaining apple juice sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make your own buttermilk with any milk and add 2 tablespoons of either lemon juice or vinegar.
- You can substitute cut-up chicken breasts for the chicken wings.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the buttermilk marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 22.5 41.2 20.1 70 1282 Full nutrition