Ingredients35 m servings 448
- Combine cumin, salt, dried chipotle pepper, and paprika in a large, resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and shake to mix. Measure 2 teaspoons of the seasoning into a large bowl; add diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, black beans, and corn to the bowl and stir.
- Put chicken in the bag with the remaining seasoning; shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Turn seasoned chicken out into the skillet, add red onion, and saute in the hot oil until the chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Stir tomato mixture with the chicken; bring to a boil, add rice, and stir.
- Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the chicken mixture. Place a cover on the skillet and simmer until the rice is tender and the chicken no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 448 calories; 13.4 38.1 43.9 106 1561 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This was tasty and filling and pretty healthy, too! I used all the ingredients (scaled them down a bit for our tastes) with one exception--the rice I had was basmati, so I cooked it beforehand....
Not recommended for children. It's pretty spicy. But it was delicious. I did not use the cumin, I thought I had some, turns out I didn't. Didn't need it either. Was just fine without it. One thi...
Great, but a little spicy for most of the family. Will try again without the chipotle pepper.
Everyone loves it! I roasted my corn before adding to pot also served with sourcream and corn chips. Easy and delicious!
Wow! This stuff is great! Had some thin sliced chicken breasts and some leftover white rice from Chinese the other night and came across this recipe from an ingredient search. So glad I did! ...