Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and dust a 9x5-inch loaf pan with white sugar.
- Combine dates, sugar, molasses, and butter in a large bowl. Pour tea over date mixture and mix well; set aside to cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, nutmeg, cardamom, and white pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir egg and vanilla extract into cooled date mixture. Add 1/3 the flour mixture to the date mixture; mix well. Repeat 2 more times with remaining flour mixture until batter is just combined; fold in walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have the all the spices on hand substitute pumpkin or apple pie spice. Spelt flour can be substituted for the whole wheat flour. Anise can be substituted for cardamom.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 9.1 64.9 6.2 25 217 Full nutrition